What kind of person are you? What kind of person do you want to be? After meeting don Miguel Ruiz, who has serious health issues, and seeing his attitude toward life, Ilchi Lee was inspired to suggest six qualities a spiritual leader of good character should embody.
6 Points for Recovering Human Character (Message of the Warrior)
- One that smiles at the face of death.
- One that sings in front of death.
- One that is enraged by death’s appearance and speaks of the Law that shocks death.
- True courage is the strength to get back up on your feet in the face of huge fear.
- One who is generous and kind to the weak. One that doesn’t cower in front of injustice—that person is a righteous person.
- One who is like a lion in the face of injustice and a lamb in front of goodwill. Become a person who is very wise like an ox in front of difficulty and hardship.
I’m posting this here so that I remember these points. I want to fully incorporate them into my mind, understand them, and enact them.